|Bavaria map with MS Excel|
GREEN = Forests
GREEN LIGHT = Forests with rivers
GRAY = Cities
BLUE LIGHT = Rivers
BROWN = Mountains
LIGHT YELLOW = Open land
|The same area ready for Berthier system. Some symbols based on Malcom McCallum maps.|
And the final version from Berthier:
– VIII Corps, in command of GdD Vandamme.
– 1st Heavy Cavalry Division, in command of GdD Nansouty
– Rhinebund Division, in command of GdD Rouyer
totaling about 170.000 men.
The Austrian Army consisted of eight Army Corps:
– I Armeekorps, in command of GdK Graf Bellegarde
– II Armeekorps, in command of FZM Graf Kolowrat
– III Armeekorps, in command of FML Hohenzollern
– IV Armeekorps, in command of FML von Rosenberg
– V Armeekorps in command of FML Archduke Ludwig
– VI Armeekorps in command of FML von Hiller
– I Reserve Korps in command of GdK Liechtenstein
– II Reserve Korps in command of GdK FML Kienmayer
totaling about 150.000 men.
Transferred to the Berthier system we have only the five corps as individual units plus Napoleon HQ (only from 16 april) and two division units of Nansouty and Rouyer.
The initial positions are still not defined because depend on the calendar, the recognition distances based on the scale (more distance for cavalry and minus for infantry and mixed units), and the strenght of units divided by 1000.
To be continued in Part II